Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 44

Thread: Evolution of Homosexuality (not sure where to post this)

  1. #31
    Inactive Member plantsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2006
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Evolution of Homosexuality (not sure where to post this)

    And no legitimate study has refuted it either.

    And I would question what you mean by "normal". That can be appearance - just because a woman and man stay married forever doesn't mean that the home life is legit. The operative word I used is relational - proper, wholesome, healthy relationships. As I'm sure you know ANY relationship worth it's salt demands alot of time, selflessness, etc. I've known several homosexuals in my life, and all have sem to have evolved from a strained parental relationship. I don't think we can place too much emphasis on the value of parenting. All of life is relational - good or bad. And in this current day and time, we've placed way too much emphasis on acquiring goods, keeping up with the joneses, etc. Consequently, relationships are sacrificed. Just speaking from my own experiences. MHO.

  2. #32
    Inactive Member gcdevil22's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11th, 2004
    Posts
    5,129
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Evolution of Homosexuality (not sure where to post this)

    my resident adviser my freshman year was homosexual...i asked him the same questions..."was it a choice" "how was your home life" "when did you know"...things like that

    his response was that he had never been attracted to girls and since he was only surrounded by heterosexuals that he felt he would someday be attracted to women when he grew up...he said his childhood and his family were your normal run-of-the-mill middle class family, no poverty, no divorce, great relationships (he said he talked to his father every day by phone once he was old enough to move out) but that when he was 11 years old he had a friend who was a boy and that he thought was attractive, but couldnt figure out why he thought that, then he kept feeling his entire life that he was only attracted to males so he came out of the closet

    and some might say that you can't be born and just know you like males...well, by the same token you don't come out of the womb (as many of you would like to think you do) with a strong attraction to the females either...as a matter of fact most kids, both boys and girls, think other little boys and girls have cooties and stay away from them

    and the argument that "no legitimate study has refuted your theory" doesn't make it true...no one has taken the time to refute an 80ft tall abominal snowman but that doesn't mean that exists either
    "An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity."

    -Martin Luther King Jr.

  3. #33
    Inactive Member duckmeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2007
    Posts
    2,017
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Evolution of Homosexuality (not sure where to post this)

    knew a gay guy once. said he knew he was gay when he got happy in his pants when he was in first grade while wrestling with a friend.

    also, he always said he would steal his sister's ken barbie dolls.

  4. #34
    Inactive Member plantsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2006
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Evolution of Homosexuality (not sure where to post this)

    You made the statement that no study has shown, I made the statement that no study has refuted. I merely refuted that your claim was invliad - neither have scientific proof. I also stated "IMO" - in reference to your example, I respect your assessment of your advisor. However, I still hold to the fact that relationships are critical and absolute. My dad served in WWII, born in 1920, and he told me that during his military days, an encounter with a homosexual was very rare, and he traveled extensively during those days. Maybe because of the closet mentality, maybe becuase families were more tightly knit then. Again, I'm offering opinion. I'm unaware of any critical scientific proof either way. I will say that I'm not biased against gays - I've lost 2 brothers to AIDS due to IV drug use, and the gay community, due to their common plight with fellow AIDS sufferers durin the 90's, were deeply sympathetic and supportive. Many attended their funerals, and stayed in touch with my family til they too passed. I simply can't rationalize how it could be genetic.

  5. #35
    Inactive Member gcdevil22's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11th, 2004
    Posts
    5,129
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Evolution of Homosexuality (not sure where to post this)

    i am also of the opinion that relationships and stability in the home are VERY important...i'm just not of the opinion that relationships can do much to change traits that are inherent to one's genes
    "An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity."

    -Martin Luther King Jr.

  6. #36
    Inactive Member plantsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2006
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Evolution of Homosexuality (not sure where to post this)

    Agree in part - just disagree as to the genetic component. And I hold that relationships are the ultimate goal and purpose for we humans - in fact, I believe the redemption of relationship is why Christ came and died, that relationship is what God created us for, and that His purpose for the church was to establish and encourage relationship among humans. IMO, relationship is basic and fundamental to all of life. Anyway, thanks for making me think - as unpleasant as it is, I try to always welcome a challenge to my thoughts and opinions. Sometimes I'm in a better frame of mind to receive it than others! lol

  7. #37
    Inactive Member gcdevil22's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11th, 2004
    Posts
    5,129
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Evolution of Homosexuality (not sure where to post this)

    haha absolutely, a little debate, as long as it is well-thought out is good for people to see both sides...you can't get to an absolute solution without having first fully viewed every side of the equation
    "An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity."

    -Martin Luther King Jr.

  8. #38
    Inactive Member Milk3's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 9th, 2008
    Posts
    2,212
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Evolution of Homosexuality (not sure where to post this)

    Best of the best right here

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MOX</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah I don't believe that [censored] either....NO WAY are people born gay. That is strictly their decision and theirs only. I don't claim to be a Christian bc I know I sin and I sin everyday but I was raised in church, had to go 3 times a week until I was about 13yrs old and I know a lil bit about the bible as I was raised from very religous parents. Homosexuality will send you straight to hell and there is no way God is gon make somebody born gay. I myself do not understand homos, for the life of me cannot understand why any guy wouldn't LOVE women. I can understand lesbians alot more bc women are very beautiful and sexy. Well, not all of em. But the womans body is a wonderful thing and I know several girls that find other chicks very attractive or think they are sexy so I can understand 2 women being with eachother as long as its not the butch lesbos. </div></div>


    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slobber Knocker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Same here....I mean how could a guy look at another guy's hairy arse?? </div></div>


    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: duckmeat</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Never ever in the history of ever do I think you could psyche yourself up to puff on a peter or go turd tapping and hemmorhoid pushing for attention. </div></div>

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: duckmeat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You don't turn gay for attention, you turn emo. It's a lot easier on the throat and bootyhole. </div></div>

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: duckmeat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">knew a gay guy once. said he knew he was gay when he got happy in his pants when he was in first grade while wrestling with a friend.

    also, he always said he would steal his sister's ken barbie dolls.

    </div></div>


    LMAO
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/redskins3.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/6a00d83451ba6469e200e54f0eaffb8833-.gif[/img]
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/unc1-1.jpg[/img]

  9. #39
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Evolution of Homosexuality (not sure where to post this)

    (singing the old Different Strokes song-what may be right for you may not be right for some). I have heard some pretty crazy stuff on this thread no doubt (does it make it any more right if the 2 lesbians are hot? I mean, c'mon really-wrong is wrong-period). You could argue it forever about being born gay vs choosing it. When I was 8,I had zero doubt that my cousin was a little different (he was 5). The rest of us kids would run around roughousing,and he played with his sister's My Little Pony toys,and was infatuated with her purse. My uncle is the epitome of what you'd call a man's man. He tried his damndest to drag my cousin out into the woods to bowhunt,the creeks to trout fish,and him and my aunt took their family religiously to church every Wednesday night and Sunday morning. I tend to believe that my cousin was "born gay". I went to school with another gay man that in school was the epitome of a "poontang-hound"-aways had the girls around him,and when he came out,it floored me (come to find out it was all a front). I guess he was born gay as well. The 3rd gay man that I know married and raised a family with no one knowing until much later-very well may have been born that way. The other side to that coin for example would be a released inmate who became gay by neccessity. He hits the street,and has access to plenty of wiggletail,but chooses to turn it down for another man. He's made his choice. What about the masses of "straight" black men who choose to go on "the downlow" these days (something that many black women are totally acceptant of)? Society not only makes it "ok to be gay",they glorify it. Turn on your TV set and you see what it is. The same # of folks were gay in the 1950's,but they were terrified to reveal themseves.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  10. #40
    Inactive Member imported_juggernaut28's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    941
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Evolution of Homosexuality (not sure where to post this)

    I can understand someone that don't believe in God to say, well we or they are just born that way. But for those that love the Lord with all their heart and confess him as their personal Lord and Savior I can't accept that explanation from them. You cannot be a child of God and say that. God says it is an abomination, and he calls it a spirit of "perversion". I hope I spelled that right, anyway, if God says something is wrong then I believe with all my heart that he did not make you that way or choose for you to be damned from the minute you were born. We all have to die one day, we will all find out in the end if God is for real or not. If he accepts homosexuality or not.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •